Notable Plaintiff Wins
Breach of Contract
- Representing an international financial services company, Caplan Cobb lawyers secured a confidential multi-million-dollar settlement in a case alleging fraudulent transfer and successor liability.
- Secured a confidential seven-figure settlement in a complex business dispute brought on behalf of a telecommunications company alleging breach of contract, fraudulent transfers, and successor liability.
- Obtained a confidential six-figure settlement on behalf of a national private equity firm in a dispute relating to an investment in an alternative-energy project.
- Representing a class of insulation contractors, recovered $112.25 million in an antitrust enforcement action, one of the highest antitrust settlements to date in the state of Georgia.
- Representing a class of public employees in a class action involving retirement health benefits.
Joint Venture / Member-Manager / Investor Disputes
- Obtained a confidential settlement in case arising out of a failed business acquisition. At the conclusion of the matter, the managing partner of the private equity firm praised Caplan Cobb as among “the most skilled, artful, and effective lawyers I’ve seen.”
- Advised international defense manufacturer in a successful bid-protest action relating to a multi-million-dollar procurement.
- On behalf of a large construction firm, persuaded a large metro-Atlanta county to reverse its award of a $6 million transportation contract. From start to finish, the entire process took just three weeks.
Real Estate Litigation
- Obtained a six-figure settlement on behalf of a medical research company in a commercial lease dispute.
- Representing a large construction firm, obtained a 100% recovery and attorneys’ fees in a RICO action arising out of a publicly financed construction project in Savannah.
CONSTITUTIONAL and WHISTLEBLOWER LITIGATION
- On behalf of a whistleblower, secured a six-figure settlement in a case alleging retaliation against a public agency.
- Representing a citizen journalist, obtained a six-figure settlement in a case alleging violations of her First Amendment rights by a local municipality.
- Representing a class of indigent defendants, achieved comprehensive systemic reform of Georgia’s system for providing appellate indigent defense.
- Along with trial counsel Bobby Lee Cook, successfully defended an appeal and collateral attack on a jury verdict of $500,000 in a personal-injury dispute against a large retailer.
“Articulate and intelligent and maintained [his] poise through intense questioning.”
“Cameron is a thorough and dedicated lawyer who brings tremendous insight and creative thinking to complex and novel issues in our litigation matters. He can always be counted on to go the extra mile for the client to achieve the best possible result.”
“Wise counselors in disputes, and effective, successful litigators.”
"Took the lead on a complex appeal before the Georgia Supreme Court. . . . Professional, energetic, and effective in his presentation, and his writing and oral argument skills were outstanding."
“I get briefed all day by people around the world, [Brandon’s briefing] was a model—among the clearest, most thoughtful, and most informative I’ve ever gotten.”
"Highest quality of written and oral advocacy. Smart, thorough, and effective in the courtroom."
"An outstanding trial attorney and advocate."
“Approaches the law like an old war horse.”
"An absolutely top-notch lawyer."
“Quick and creative . . . work is of the highest quality . . . painstaking excellence.”
"An excellent lawyer who provides his clients with representation on the highest level."
"Fantastic lawyer. Legal ability and professionalism are off the charts."
"Meticulous and incredibly thorough."
“Poised, relaxed, responsive, and articulate.”
"Really amazing legal work."
"First-rate analysis, writing, and advocacy skills."
“James is one of the best lawyers I’ve ever tried a case with. He’s meticulous, very smart, has excellent judgment, and is unflappable in even the most difficult circumstances.”
"Extremely comfortable in the courtroom."
"Ethical, honest, and strong attorneys."